Monday, October 24, 2005

Blocking Headaches



Companies blocking web material is a real issue especially where I work. Just recently I went to watch webcast and our company’s security software, Websense, popped up on my screen and said that all Real Media was blocked. This is a problem since all of the webcast I view for one of our funding agencies is only offered in Real. So I had to contact our Information Systems person. He said the traffic from everyone playing music over the Real Player was slowing down the network so he had to block it. I really understand this, and I think most would, but no one told us. So far I haven’t had any problems with blogs at work including installing the free add-on for Word but that might change…see the article on Wired No Longer Safe for Work: Blogs



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home