Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Favorite Class

I have found this hybrid class style wonderful. I’ve taken two on-line courses and one face to face class. I’ve found that the teacher makes all the difference in both styles. There was such a contrast between my two on-line courses that I really can’t say that I loved the experience. The first class promoted interaction between classmates on the forums on a weekly basis which I found to be great. I did get a sense of who my classmates were. The second class left little time for interaction and the teacher seldom promoted it. I’m not really sure who those classmates were except for the two or three of us who always posted our work in early. We kind of started an unsaid informal feedback loop that way providing comments for each other. I really don’t know how a software class would work on on-line but sometimes having such a varied level of users in a face to face class is frustrating and I longed for the self-pacing of the on-line course.
The mix of on-line and face to face for this class was great. I was able to meet classmates, learn personalities and feel comfortable emailing them after this class has ended. This building of relationships is important to me as I do not have a team of instructional designers at work. The on-line classes provided a nice break from the weekly routine and really improved my skills in web searching. My favorite class was with Dr. Kapp. I found him to be an intriguing man and loved seeing the technology in use for a class. I loved the scavenger hunt and mystery game for the on-line assignment. Again the teacher has made all the difference in this class. Having a teacher who promotes communication, varies his teaching styles/formats, and is knowledgeable has been rewarding.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home